ENDS Advertising Guidelines
These Guidelines describe standards governing ENDS's relationship with advertisers and the relationship between editorial and advertising content. The overriding consideration is that ENDS must maintain its editorial integrity and the trust of its readers. We believe that establishing, publicly displaying, and adhering to these Guidelines is important to protect the trust and transparency that should exist between a information provider, its readers, and its advertisers.
GENERAL ADVERTISING GUIDELINES
- ENDS will not allow any relationship with an advertiser to compromise its editorial integrity.
- All advertising content must be clearly distinguishable from editorial content.
- Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that their advertisements are adequately substantiated and comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- While the content of advertising does not necessarily reflect the views of ENDS or its editors, if it comes to the attention of ENDS that an advertisement, in our opinion, contains demonstrably false or unlawful content, ENDS will refuse or remove the advertisement.
- ENDS may exercise its discretion to refuse or remove any advertising that is inconsistent with or may tend to bring disparagement, harm to reputation, or other damage to the ENDS brand.
- All determinations of the application of the foregoing standards to particular advertisements or advertisers shall be within the sole discretion of ENDS's business- side staff. ENDS's editors will not be involved in deciding whether to accept or reject specific advertisers.
- All advertising agreements or contracts must include the standard terms and conditions from ENDS's Insertion Order, which will supersede any Agreement between ENDS and its advertisers, including the AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions. Moreover, ENDS may remove advertising content at any time if such content is inconsistent with the policies described herein, with or without prior notice to the advertising client and regardless of whether the advertising content has been accepted or displayed within ENDS for any period of time.
ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR SPONSORED CONTENT
- Sponsored content is content created or commissioned by advertisers in collaboration with ENDS's commercial team. ENDS allows sponsored content in two forms: a) editorial-type content produced by advertisers, or b) Content produced by or for ENDS's marketing team as commissioned by advertisers.
- As with all advertising, sponsored content does not necessarily reflect the views and choices of ENDS's editors. Accordingly, ENDS will:
- Display the following flag above all sponsored content: 'SPONSORED CONTENT'
- Display the following disclaimer below all sponsored content: 'This article has been sponsored, is the responsibility of AB Global Ltd, and does not necessarily reflect the views of The ENDS Report. See our advertising guidelines or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.'
- Differentiate the design of article pages by means of a background colour (in a print content) to clearly distinguish sponsored from editorial content.
- ENDS does not require that sponsored content steers clear of controversy. Indeed, we expect that it will sometimes address contested issues and will be written with a distinct point of view. That said, even with the caveat that sponsored content does not necessarily reflect the views of ENDS or its editors, ENDS will refuse publication of such content that, in its own judgment, would undermine the intellectual integrity, authority, and character of our enterprise.
- As with all advertising, and consistent with the foregoing General Advertising Guidelines, ENDS may reject or remove any sponsored content at any time that contains false, deceptive, potentially misleading, or illegal content; is inconsistent with or may tend to bring disparagement, harm to reputation, or other damage to ENDS's brand.
- ENDS may in its sole discretion enable readers to comment on sponsored content on its websites. If comment functionality is enabled on sponsored content, the sponsor will not have any role in moderating such comments. The only moderation of such comments will be ENDS employees who implement ENDS's generally applicable Terms and Conditions, which prohibit spam, obscenity, hate speech, and similar content.